Passau, the last major city in Germany on the Danube and known as the City of Three Rivers, is located at the confluence of the Inn, Danube and Ilz Rivers.
During medieval times, Passau was a trade center for “white gold” (salt). The area was ruled by powerful monarchs with strong ties to the Roman Catholic church.
The fortress was built by prince-bishops to protect their wealth.
Thought for the Day: To no man will we sell, or deny, or delay, right or justice. Magna Carta 1215